Religious Sisters Serving Catholic Schools of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia
They have lived Catholic values with passion and dedication, inspiring generations of students along the way.
While their backgrounds may be diverse, it is what they share that unites this special group of women—namely their passion and commitment to living a Catholic life and inspiring its teachings. During this year’s Distinguished Graduate Award Ceremony, they are being recognized as one— the Religious Sisters serving Catholic Schools of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
Some of these remarkable women themselves attended Catholic schools within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, achieving the highest standards in education. Many actually set those standards by tirelessly helping to develop and staff the early schools of the Archdiocese. In doing so, they have set the benchmark for social, spiritual and academic excellence that has provided generations of students with the tools needed to become intellectually, morally, and spiritually whole.
Because of their outstanding contributions, achievements and continuing commitment to a Catholic life, the following orders are being honored for inspiring an appreciation for the values of a Catholic school education:
- Sisters of Saint Joseph of Philadelphia
- Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- Sisters of Mercy of the Americas
- Sister of Saint Francis of Philadelphia
- Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament
- Society of the Holy Child Jesus
- Grey Nuns of the Sacred Heart
- Missionary Servants of the Most Blessed Trinity
- Sisters of St. Basil the Great
- Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth
- Religious Teachers Filippini
- Bernardine Franciscan Sisters
- Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur
- School Sisters of Notre Dame